Booking a flight for your kid to go alone may be stressful for both parents and children. However, with the appropriate airline and regulations in place, you can ensure that your child has a safe and enjoyable flight. In this article, we will look at the PAL Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy and go over everything you need to know before sending your child with them.
Eligibility for Unaccompanied Minor Service
Philippines Airlines ensures the safe and comfortable travel of children flying alone. The unaccompanied minor service covers various aspects of the journey from booking to arrival which eventually provides parents with peace of mind.
- According to the PAL Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy, the minor age needs to be above 8 to request unaccompanied minor service.
- The unaccompanied minor service by PAL Airlines is available to children between the ages of 8 and 11 years old.
- The unaccompanied minor service is not mandatory for children between 12 and 17 years of age, although parents or guardians may still request it if they wish to promote their child’s safety.
To ensure a smooth and secure travel experience for your child as an unaccompanied minor, you must meticulously prepare and organize the necessary documents. You will need to share the discussed documents to make your minor journey hassle-free and safe.
Government Approved Documents
- Start by confirming that your child possesses a valid passport or an officially recognized form of identification.
- You can share any government-approved document of your children as it serves as undeniable proof of your identity.
Birth and Medical Certificate
- You will need to share your child’s birth certificate with medical certificates (that confirm your child is fit to fly alone) for both domestic and international flights.
- The PAL Airlines unaccompanied minor policy states the minor needs to hold valid documents. Check the expiration date to avoid last-minute complications of your valid papers.
- Parents or legal guardians must draft a consent letter for each minor. The letter functions as official authorization for your child’s solo travel adventure.
- The consent or authorized letter needs to have your child’s name, your contact details, and flight information.
- Contact details need to have accurate information about the person responsible for dropping off and picking up your child at the airport.
- All the pertinent details must be presented when you submit the PAL Airlines Unaccompanied Minor form, as they simplify the check-in procedure and ensure a seamless transition upon arrival.
With these preparations in place, your child can embark on their journey with confidence and peace of mind. It also contributes to a stress-free and secure solo travel experience for your child.
After Opting for PAL Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service
Preparing your child by explaining flight details including flight number, departure, arrival times, and gate number. Discuss safety procedures and in-flight rules with your child. Pack essential items such as a change of clothes, snacks, and entertainment. Parents or guardians need to share a passport or any valid ID proof of the child.
Unaccompanied Minor Fees on PAL Airlines
You need to be aware of the additional fees associated with unaccompanied minor services. PAL Airlines charges nominal fees that vary based on the destination and the age of your child, ensuring that their safety and comfort are well taken care of during their journey. When your child is traveling alone on PAL Airlines, you will need to pay the following amount as unaccompanied charges.
Parents considering sending their children on domestic flights with Philippine Airlines (PAL) will need to pay PHP 1,288 or more based on fare class and destination city. They may need to pay additional charges including service fees per sector. In domestic flights, children aged 8 to less than 12 years old are eligible to use unaccompanied services. According to the PAL Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy, children under the age of 8 are not permitted to travel alone due to safety considerations. Children’s comfort should be safeguarded by their parents or guardians while preparing them for the flight.
The airline understands the unique needs of young travelers above age 8 flying without guidance or parents and has put these fees in place to offer peace of mind to parents and guardians.
|Destination||Currency||PAL Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service Fee|
|UAE (United Arab Emirates)||AED||280|
|Papua New Guinea||PGK||165|
PAL Airlines minor fees are in addition to the regular ticket price and cover the specialized services and support provided to unaccompanied minors to ensure their trip is enjoyable and secure.
Navigating Unaccompanied Minor Travel with PAL Airlines
When young travelers are on their own, flying can be nerve-wracking, which is why PAL Airlines provides a seamless and secure experience for unaccompanied minors. The PAL Airlines Unaccompanied Minor (UM) program is designed to protect youngsters above the age of 8 and under 12 age from unwanted hassle during the air travel journey. The airline may offer unaccompanied minor service to passengers under the age of 17 on most destinations, ensuring both parents and young adventurers can set off on their journeys with a sense of security.
You will need to arrive early at the airport to complete the check-in process for your unaccompanied minor, which is part of the PAL Airlines Unaccompanied Minor service. Make sure you have all the documents you need at the check-in counter, including identification and travel authorization papers.
The youngster must have a boarding pass that clearly identifies them as an unaccompanied minor, as well as birth and medical documents. A parent or guardian must accompany your child to the security checkpoint and remain with them until the boarding process starts.
During the Flight
The devoted team of PAL Airlines will be in charge of your child’s safety and well-being. Your unaccompanied minors will be placed near the crew station to offer assistance if necessary. You must explain to your kid the communication system which will enable them to contact a crew member whenever they require assistance.
PAL Airlines goes the extra mile to make your child’s flight comfortable and enjoyable. They provide meals and snacks tailored to meet dietary requirements and offer a selection of in-flight entertainment options such as
- TV shows
- Assist with restroom
After the Flight
Parents or guardians are kept informed about the child’s flight status during layovers or connecting flights which grants them peace of mind. Upon landing at the destination, the crew continues to assist your child through the immigration and customs processes. The final leg of the journey involves the authorized person picking up your child at the airport. For this, the person needs to have a valid ID and a consent letter. Arriving at the airport early ensures that the pick-up process is efficient and that your child is safely reunited with their loved ones.
Booking Assistance Service For Your Unaccompanied Minors
When booking a PAL Airlines flight for your unaccompanied minor, you can opt for either online or offline methods. Both options provide flexibility to accommodate your preferences and ensure a smooth booking process for your child’s comfortable journey. You can avail of the convenience of online booking or the personalized assistance of booking offline as per your preference.
Online Booking Method
For a convenient and time-saving experience, use the official website or mobile app. To book unaccompanied minor services with Philippine Airlines online, follow these steps:
- Visit the PAL Airlines official website or mobile app and log in with your registered PAL account.
- Make a booking and specify that the booking is for an unaccompanied minor.
- Provide the minor’s details such as name, age, and contact information.
- Choose the flights and add unaccompanied minor services.
- Complete the booking by providing payment and other necessary details.
- Review and confirm all input by tapping on the Continue tab.
- Make the required payment which includes PAL Airlines unaccompanied minor fees.
- Receive a confirmation email with flight and service details.
- At last, reach the departure airport with the child’s passport ID and consent letter.
Offline Booking Method
If you prefer a traditional approach, you will need to contact the PAL Airlines reservation department or a travel agent for assistance. Once you get connected with them execute the discussed steps:
- Inform them that your child will travel alone while providing essential information about your child such as full name, age, and contact details.
- Discuss the departure airport, arrival airport, preferred dates, and times. The agent will check the availability of your requested date.
- Pay the required fee for unaccompanied minor services and receive a booking confirmation with flight and service details on your registered IDs.
- Arrive at the airport early to accompany your child through the check-in and security process.
Read More: PAL Airlines Flight Change Policy
PAL Airlines is committed to secure and comfortable travel for unaccompanied minors starting from the booking process. The airline ensures a worry-free journey for your child throughout the journey. PAL Airlines through unaccompanied services offers reliable options for young travelers to explore the world on their terms but only if they hold a consent letter from parents or legal guardians. The PAL Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy assures a safe and enjoyable journey for children traveling alone.
Frequently Asked Question
PAL Airlines does not allow children under 8 years old to travel alone for their safety and well-being.
For some destinations, PAL Airlines may permit unaccompanied minors to travel on connecting flights. However, the service is not available on most routes due to safety concerns.
Yes. PAL Airlines allows individuals with consent letters to pick up unaccompanied minors.
The designated customer service members will provide assistance with the check-in process for unaccompanied minors to ensure their comfort and security.
The airline does not permit unaccompanied minors to travel on flights that require an overnight stay to prioritize their security.