Traveling with pets can be a wonderful bonding experience, but it’s crucial to understand the airline’s pet policy. Philippine Airlines permits dogs, cats, and household birds as checked baggage, while only medically certified service dogs and emotional support dogs are allowed in the cabin. The PAL Airlines Pet policy prioritizes pet safety to ensure a smooth and comfortable flight journey. Compliance with the airline-specific requirements and restrictions is essential if you wish to fly with your beloved pets. For more comprehensive details on their pet policies, consider spending some time with this article.
Guidelines to transport Pet with Philippine Airlines
For safe pet travel on Philippine Airlines, adhere to these guidelines: Pets must be at least 8 weeks old and vaccinated, possess a recent health certificate from a licensed vet within 10 days, and travel in a secure hard-sided carrier allowing them to stand and turn. In-cabin pet carriers must fit under the seat, provide ample ventilation, and adhere to size restrictions of 56 cm x 35 cm x 23 cm, encompassing added padding.
For cargo transport, carriers must meet size criteria based on destination country guidelines and securely lock. The PAL Airlines Pet rules ensure your pet’s comfort and well-being during the journey. Philippine Airlines does not permit pregnant pets or pets with health issues to fly. Additionally, to travel with pets you need to be at least 18 years or more on Philippine Airlines.
Philippine Airlines In-Cabin Pet Policy
PAL Airlines requires passengers to follow specific rules when bringing pets on board. You must book your pet in advance and provide the necessary documentation. The airline enforces size restrictions for in-cabin pet carriers. The carrier’s dimensions cannot exceed 22 inches in length, 13 inches in width, and 9 inches in height, with a maximum weight of 17.5 lbs. The carrier must also be odor-proof, leak-proof, and well-ventilated.
According to the PAL Airlines Pet Policy, the safety of in-cabin pets is of the utmost importance. Carriers must have secure locks, and pets must remain sedated and restrained throughout the flight. Passengers cannot open pet carriers during the journey, and pets cannot roam freely in the cabin.
All pets in the cabin need a valid pet identification document and veterinary certificate which ensures pet health, as per the PAL Airlines In-Cabin Pet Policy. On some routes, passengers traveling with pets in the cabin must purchase a seat for them, ensuring their secure placement and preventing disruptions to others.
Pet Transportation Rules In-Cargo for PAL Airlines
Transporting pets as cargo is a secure and efficient option, and Philippine Airlines (PAL) simplifies this process through its well-defined pet cargo policy. The airline maintains strict regulations for cargo pet transportation, permitting specific breeds like cats, dogs, small birds, rodents, and rabbits, provided they meet size criteria. Essential accompanying documents include a valid health certificate and proof of ownership.
Cargo pet carriers must meet size specifications suitable for the pet’s comfort and cargo door compatibility, with proper ventilation and handles for ease of handling. Safety rules say that carriers must be made of durable materials with leak-proof liners, secure locks, and intact seals. You must furnish PAL with requisite documents and pay cargo fees, which vary based on your pet’s size, weight, and destination.
The airline offers additional amenities, including temperature-controlled cargo holds and specialized oxygen masks for cats and dogs, enhancing the pet’s travel experience for an extra fee. PAL Airlines allow the following breeds:
|Tosa, Affenpinscher, Boerboel, Shar Pei, Boxer, Shih Tzu, Malshi, Mastiff (all breeds), Rottweiler, Bichon Frise, Lhasa Apso, Yorkshire Terrier, Chihuahua (apple-headed), Bulldog, Pekingese, Griffon Bruxellois, Bernese Dog, Norwich (Terrier), Havanese, Boston Terrier, Bull mastiff, French Bulldog, Cavalier King Charles, American Bully, King Charles Spaniel, American Pitbull, Cane Corso, American Cocker Spaniel, American Silky, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Pug (all breeds), Australian Silky, Papillon, Dogue de Bordeaux, Japanese Chin, Valley Bulldog, Maltese, Brussels Griffon, Tibetan Spaniel, and many more.|
Tips to Safeguard your furry’s comfort
Enjoy a comfortable trip for your furry companion by adhering PAL Airlines pet policy. To ensure a smooth journey for your pet, it’s essential to follow these guidelines:
- Reserve your pet’s ticket well in advance. PAL Airlines has limited slots for pets on each flight, so early booking increases your chances of securing a spot.
- Arrive at the airport with plenty of time to spare at least four to six hours before departure. It helps to complete the necessary check-in procedures for your pet.
- Make sure your pet’s crate is securely fastened and meets airline requirements. You will also need to ensure your pet has access to food and water during the flight to keep them comfortable.
- Carry copies of your pet’s health certificate and vaccination records with you. The updated vaccination documents may be required at various points.
- Providing comfort and reassurance throughout the journey, you should be aware of your pet’s needs and emotions.
Philippine Airlines Pet Breed Restrictions
When planning to travel with your cherished pet, it’s crucial to be aware of specific breed restrictions and follow the PAL Airlines pet policy to ensure a smooth journey. The airline has certain breed restrictions in place due to considerations like size, temperament, and health concerns. Breeds such as Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, American Bulldogs, Akitas, Doberman Pinschers, Chow Chows, and Mastiffs are not permitted. Additionally, large breeds like Great Danes, St. Bernards, and Bull Terriers are also restricted.
- The PAL Airlines Pet clause states animals weighing over 77 lbs or less than 11 lbs are not allowed.
- Pets must be in good health, free from contagious diseases, and have proper vaccinations.
- The airline also prohibits pets with a history of aggression as it may create discomfort for others.
- Pregnant, ill, or pets needing medical attention are not allowed. A health certificate, issued by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of departure, is mandatory.
- Secure pet carriers meeting size and ventilation standards. For the in-cabin facility, the cage should be fitting under the seat.
- An ID tag with owner details and records must be affixed to pets for the identification process.
Philippine Airlines Pet Fees
When flying with your pet via PAL Airlines, understanding the pet fees is vital. These charges are contingent on factors like your pet’s size, flight route, and whether it’s a domestic or international trip.
For domestic flights:
- Up to 20 kg: PHP 1,000 per 5 kg
- 20.1 kg to 50 kg: PHP 2,000 per 10 kg
For international flights:
- Up to 20 kg: USD 200 per 5 kg
- 20.1 kg to 50 kg: USD 300 per 10 kg
If you are transferring your pet as cargo, the PAL Airlines pet fees depend on size, weight, carrier size, route, and countries involved. The airline mandates pets to remain in approved carriers during transit along with supportive documents like health certificates and vaccination records.
On some specific routes, the airline offers in-flight pet amenities such as food, water, beds, and toys with additional charges. Book your pet in advance and settle fees before departure as if you are requesting pet services at the airport you will need to pay higher charges as well as you may not secure a perfect booking.
To ensure smooth pet travel, a certified veterinarian must issue a health certificate within 10 days of the flight. The medical certificate should detail the pet’s health status, vaccinations, and any medications. A rabies certificate, specifying vaccine type and inoculation date, is also mandatory for some locations. Proof of legal ownership, such as a sales receipt or adoption certificate is required. US travelers should present a valid US pet passport for their furry companions.
How to Book Pet Service with Philippine Airlines (PAL)?
Booking pets on Philippine Airlines (PAL) is a hassle-free process designed with pet safety and owner convenience in mind. To start, passengers should promptly contact PAL Reservations to notify them of their pet’s travel plans as the airline imposes specific breed, size, and health requirements for pet travel eligibility. Passengers must confirm their pet meets these criteria and ensure they have all necessary documentation, particularly for international flights.
Once prerequisites are met, pet booking can be done via website, phone, or in-person by paying PAL Airlines Pet fees based on size, breed, travel class, and in-cabin or cargo hold placement. The airline assigns a pet seat and provides a compliant pet carrier. The carrier should fit under the passenger’s seat during the flight. PAL Airlines may ask to supply essential paperwork, IDs, and medical records.
The most convenient way to book per service with PAL Airlines is through the customer service team. Simply execute these steps:
- Dial the designated number or use the displayed number to make a proper connection with the team.
- Ask the agent to submit a pet transfer request on your behalf.
- The agent will review the breed and type of your furry companion as only emotional pets are allowed in the cabin.
- Once you qualify the agent will guide PAL Airlines pet guidelines and ask you to complete the service authentication process.
- For this, you may need to submit updated medical and vaccination records.
- Pay the applicable charges along with PAL Airlines Pet Fees through available modes and carry your pets with you.
You May Read Also: Pal Airlines Name Change Policy
When traveling with your pet on Philippine Airlines, it’s crucial to acquaint yourself with their safety requirements and restrictions. The airline imposes age limits for pets, barring very young or elderly animals from flying due to health considerations. Ensure you provide the necessary documentation, as failing to do so may lead to your pet being denied boarding. Your pet’s well-being and the safety of all passengers are paramount concerns for the airline, so adhering to the PAL Airlines Pet guidelines is essential for a smooth and hassle-free journey. You can avail more information by making a call on customer service number.