Philippine Airlines (PAL) is the national carrier of the Philippines and was founded in 1941. The airline has a strong presence in Asian aviation. Renowned for its global connectivity, the airline offers passengers access to diverse international destinations. The reputable carrier is known for its commitment to customer satisfaction. However, there are times when travel plans change, and passengers need to cancel their flights. In such situations, the PAL Airlines cancellation policy saves the day by offering flexibility to gain a refund depending on factors such as ticket type, fare class, and timing. Be with us and discover all the new aspects of cancellation clauses through this article.
Free Cancellation Clause
The airline permits fee-free cancellations within 24 hours of booking, granted the booking occurred at least seven days before departure. Beyond the risk-free cancellation window, cancellation charges may apply with refund amounts subject to deductions. The PAL Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy allows you to receive a full refund only if you placed your reservation using an approved platform and your booking qualifies for fee-free cancellation.
Learn PAL Airlines Cancellation Clauses Based on Fare Types
PAL Airlines charges standard cancellation fees if you cancel your flight after the 24-hour risk-free period. The PAL Airlines cancellation fees depend on your ticket type, cancellation time, destination, and. There are different cancellation rules for different types of tickets. Continue to learn about the cancellation policy for different types of fares offered by PAL Airlines.
Economy class tickets come with budget-friendly fares best for passengers who love to fly with economical tickets. However, these affordable fares may have stricter cancellation policies.
- Economy supersaver, Economy saver, and Economy value fare do not qualify for cancellation. On some routes, the airline may allow cancellation with these fares but it solely depends on cancellation circumstances.
- Economy Flex and Premium Economy tickets qualify for cancellation by paying a portion of airfare as PAL Airlines Cancellation fees. For some routes, the airline offers free cancellation to Economy Flex ticket holders.
Business class passengers often enjoy more flexibility, including lenient cancellation policies. These fare types offer more flexibility and allow cancellation with no fee or minimal fee to gain a refund.
- Both Business Flex and Business Premium Fare qualify for cancellation. The airline may charge a fee based on their fare, routes, and flight types.
- Business Flex holders can make cancellations by paying applicable charges and cancellation fees, as per the PAL Airlines cancellation policy.
- The airline allows free cancellation to Business Fare holders which eventually allows them to gain a full refund on eligible destinations.
Cancellations on the same day of departure
The timing of your cancellation plays a significant role in determining the charges. Last-minute cancellations are generally more expensive than those made well in advance. The airline does not allow cancellations for specific fare types. PAL Airlines will not entertain refund requests for the used portion to passengers with Business Flex, Economy Supersaver, Economy Saver, and Economy Value fares. Your destination also factors into cancellation charges. Some routes may have higher fees due to various considerations, such as demand and availability.
PAL Airlines Refund Policy
Passengers may be entitled to a refund if they meet certain conditions established by PAL Airlines. The refund procedure takes time, and travelers should be informed of the deadlines involved. Consider the following pointers to understand the PAL Airlines refund policy.
- The airline will not charge cancellation fees for Economy Flex and Business Flex tickets.
- In the event of a no-show, the airline will charge USD 125 or more with other applicable fees to gain a refund, according to the PAL Airlines cancellation policy.
- Partially used tickets come under a non-refundable clause on most routes. The airline will deduct PAL Airlines cancellation fees from reservation value.
- The PAL Airlines refund policy states that passengers with reservations through third-party sources do not qualify for a refund. They need to communicate with the booking sources individually to request a refund.
PAL Airlines is known for its commitment to passenger satisfaction and offers a range of services to make your travel experience seamless. However, unforeseen circumstances may require you to cancel your flight.
PAL Airlines Cancellation Charges
When canceling a flight with PAL Airlines, you may need to pay standard cancellation charges. The PAL Airlines cancellation fees vary based on your ticket type, the timing of the cancellation, and your destination. Continue to familiarize yourself with cancellation terms as it will get you a path to secure refunds.
- Booking with Economy tickets will attract up to USD 500 as cancellation fees. However, in some scenarios, Economy Flex tickets qualify for no-cancellation fees.
- Business ticket holders gain more flexibility as compared to Economy but they may need to pay cancellation charges of USD 150 to USD 700 as PAL Airlines cancellation fees.
- The airline may charge a significant amount of up to 90% of airfare as cancellation fees. However, Business flex tickets qualify for full refunds on most flight routes.
- PAL Airlines may waive cancellation fees on bookings made between 01 FEB 2022 and 28 FEB 2023. However, it solely depends on booking mode, fare types, destination, flight types, and cancellation reasons.
- The airline may not charge cancellation fees if the passenger is requesting cancellation due to a travel ban in the residing or destination country.
PAL Airlines is your trusted travel companion, but sometimes, plans change which results in flight cancellation. Understanding the cancellation method is crucial for hassle-free travel as it will give you an idea about the cancellation procedure. PAL Airlines allows cancellation through online as well as offline platforms. You have the freedom to choose the most convenient method regardless of fare and flight type.
- To request a refund for your PAL Airlines cancellation fee, you need to follow a few simple steps. First, visit the PAL Airlines website and log in to your PAL Airlines account.
- Once you’re logged in, click on My Bookings and select the flight that you canceled using the confirmation code.
- After selecting the flight, click on Request Refund and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the refund process.
- The system will show the PAL Airlines cancellation fees which will vary depending on your ticket type, cancellation time, and destination.
- You may not need to pay an additional amount as it will be deducted from the PAL Airlines Refund value.
- In the end, you will get a confirmation mail on your registered IDs with the refund value and specifics about the refund duration.
- Dial the PAL Airlines Customer Service number or reach the nearest authorized help desk.
- You may need to share booking credentials as it will help the agent to retrieve your bookings.
- The agent will initiate the cancellation request on your behalf. For this, you will need to share the booking number and passenger name.
- Share all relevant information and review the PAL Airlines Cancellation clauses as it will notify you about the refund timing.
- The cancellation fees will be deducted from the booking value. As mentioned earlier, the type of ticket you’ve purchased impacts the cancellation charges.
- Ask the agent to share confirmation mail, and keep it safe for future tracking.
You May Read More: Finnair Cancellation Policy
No one can predict travel plans but you can make it less stressful with the right knowledge of the PAL cancellation clause. When it comes to cancellations, the airline aims to provide flexibility and convenience to its passengers. You can navigate cancellation charges with confidence by understanding the PAL Airlines cancellation policy with us. At last, note refunds for canceled flights are processed to the original form of payment within 8 business weeks.
If you have any further questions or require assistance with your flight cancellation, never hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to ensure your travel experience is as seamless as possible through our efficient customer support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. PAL Airlines offers the convenience of making flight cancellations through their website and mobile app. However, if you need in-person assistance call us on our toll-free number XX X X X XX.
Flight cancellations made within 24 hours of departure are subject to PAL Airlines cancellation fees of up to 100% of the reservation, regardless of fare class.
Refunds are only available on refundable bookings, but some routes and circumstances allow refunds on non-refundable fares.
You can cancel your eligible flight tickets due to bad weather, health concerns, or any other reasons. However, each cancellation may incur PAL Airlines cancellation fees and additional other applicable charges.
You may need to contact the website or travel agency directly if you booked your PAL Airlines flight through a third-party website, as the airline may not accept your cancellation request.