Are you planning to travel with your paw some friend on TAP Portugal? Look no further! They has got you covered with their TAP Portugal pet policy. It ensures a comfortable & enjoyable journey for both you & your beloved pet. With them, pets are not just passengers; they are cherished companions. Whether you have a cuddly cat or a playful pup, it welcomes them on board their flights Allowing you to create unforgettable memories together. From the moment you step into the aircraft, rest assured that your pet will receive top-notch care and attention.
With spacious & specially designed pet cabins. Your furry friend will have a cozy and secure space to relax throughout the flight. It also provides a range of pet-friendly amenities. It includes nutritious meals, fresh water, and even entertainment options to keep your pet entertained during the journey. So, why leave your furry friend behind when you can embark on incredible adventures together with this airline? But before you execute your trip along with your pet, here are some things you must know for a smooth journey.
Rules For Pet Travel In TAP Air Portugal
When traveling with your pets on the airline. It’s important to follow the TAP Portugal pet policy rules to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for everyone. Here are the guidelines you need to know:
- It allows dogs, cats, and small household birds to travel in the cabin.
- Other pets like rabbits, hamsters, and guinea pigs are permitted in the cargo hold.
- Your pet must be at least 8 weeks old to travel.
- Only one pet is allowed per passenger.
- Use a sturdy and well-ventilated carrier that provides enough space for your pet to stand, turn around, and lie down comfortably.
- The carrier should have a waterproof bottom and secure fastenings.
- Soft-sided carriers are allowed for cabin travel.
- Inform Tap Portugal about your intention to travel with your pet during the booking process.
- Ensure that you have all the necessary documentation, including vaccination records, health certificates, and any required permits for the destination country.
- Arrive at the airport with your pet well in advance to complete the check-in process.
- Present all the required documents to the check-in agent.
- Make sure your pet is properly secured in the carrier.
- There is a fee for bringing your pet in the cabin, and it varies depending on the destination. The fee is payable at the check-in counter.
- Keep your pet inside the carrier at all times while in the cabin.
- Do not open the carrier during the flight.
- Place the carrier under the seat in front of you.
- If your pet is traveling in the cargo hold, ensure that they are transported in an IATA-approved crate.
- Provide a comfortable bedding and secure the crate properly.
- Follow any specific instructions provided by Tap Portugal regarding cargo hold travel.
- Ensure that your pet is in good health and free from any contagious diseases.
- Feed your pet a light meal a few hours before the flight to avoid discomfort.
- Avoid sedating your pet unless prescribed by a veterinarian.
- If traveling internationally, research and comply with the specific regulations of the destination country regarding pet entry requirements.
- Make sure your pet wears a collar with identification tags containing your contact information.
- Consider microchipping your pet as an added safety measure.
- Provide your pet with familiar items, such as a blanket or a toy, to make them feel more at ease during the journey.
- Carry some treats and a portable water bowl for hydration.
Approved Pet Types
When it comes to traveling with pets, it understands the importance of accommodating passengers needs. They also ensure the safety & comfort of all travelers. To facilitate a smooth travel experience for pet owners, TAP Portugal pet policy outlines the types of pets allowed. Explore the approved pet types, along with guidelines to help pet owners plan their journey efficiently.
Small Dogs and Cats
It allows passengers to travel with small dogs and cats in the cabin, given they meet certain requirements. These pets must be properly secured in an airline-approved carrier that fits underneath the seat in front of the passenger. The maximum weight of the pet, including the carrier, should not exceed 8 kg (17 lbs). Passengers are responsible for ensuring that their pets remain inside the carrier for the entire duration of the flight. Only a limited number of pets are allowed in the cabin per flight. So it’s advisable to make the reservation well in advance.
Emotional Support Animals (ESAs)
In line with recent updates to TAP Portugal pet policy, it no longer allows emotional support animals (ESAs) to travel in the cabin. The decision is based on guidelines established by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). It recognizes the importance of service dogs for passengers with disabilities and continues to permit them in the cabin.
It welcomes service dogs to accompany passengers with disabilities in the cabin. Service dogs must be trained to assist individuals with specific disabilities. Such as visual impairments, hearing impairments, or mobility limitations. Passengers traveling with service dogs must provide relevant documentation to the airline prior to the flight. It ensures that the dog is properly harnessed or leashed throughout the journey. Service dogs play a crucial role in providing assistance & support to passengers with disabilities. It ensures their inclusion in their pet policy.
It does not allow pets other than small dogs and cats in the cabin. However, passengers have the option to transport other pets as cargo or in the hold of the aircraft. The airline provides designated spaces within the cargo area to ensure the safety and well-being of these pets. It is important to note that different regulations may apply to the transport of animals in the hold. Passengers should contact them directly for specific guidelines and requirements. Make arrangements well in advance and inquire about any necessary documentation or health requirements for transporting pets in the hold.
TAP Portugal Pet In Cabin
Traveling with your beloved pet can be a rewarding and comforting experience. It understands the importance of accommodating passengers who wish to bring their pets along. It allows small dogs and cats to travel TAP Portugal pet in cabin, provided they meet certain guidelines and requirements. Here is a breakdown of the pet policy for traveling with pets in the cabin:
- Only small dogs and cats are permitted in the cabin. The maximum weight of the pet, including the carrier, should not exceed 8 kg (17 lbs).
- Your pet must be placed in an airline-approved carrier that fits comfortably under the seat in front of you.
- The carrier should be well-ventilated, secure, and have enough room for your pet to stand, turn around, and lie down comfortably.
- Due to limited space, it is crucial to reserve a spot for your pet in advance.
- During the flight, your pet’s carrier must remain closed and secured under the seat in front of you.
- Before traveling, it is important to check the health requirements for your pet. Ensure that your pet is up-to-date on vaccinations and has a health certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian.
- It charges a fee for transporting pets in the cabin. The cost may vary depending on the route and destination.
- As a responsible pet owner, it is essential to be considerate of other passengers. Keep your pet calm and quiet during the flight.
- Avoid allowing your pet’s paws or head to protrude from the carrier.
- Bring necessary supplies such as food, water, and any required medication to keep your pet comfortable.
TAP Portugal Pet Fee For Cabin
Here is the breakdown of the fees for the cabin mentioned below:
|Type of Route||Booking Channel||Price (EUR)||Price (USD)||Price (CAD)||Miles|
|Domestic Flights (Portugal)||Online||40||48||61||8000|
|Europe, Morocco, Tunisia, and Accra-São Tomé Flights||Online||70||88||111||14000|
TAP Portugal Pet In Cargo
Traveling with pets can be a concern for many pet owners. Especially when it comes to TAP Portugal pet in cargo. It understands this concern and provides guidelines and facilities to ensure the safe transportation of pets in cargo. If you plan to travel with a pet that is not a small dog or cat. Or if you prefer to have your pet transported in the cargo hold for any reason. It offers designated spaces within the cargo area for this purpose. Here are some important points to consider when transporting pets in cargo:
- It is necessary to make reservations for transporting pets in the cargo hold in advance.
- Ensure that you have all the required documentation for your pet’s travel, including health certificates and any other necessary permits.
- Check the specific requirements of your destination country to ensure compliance with their regulations.
- Pets traveling in the cargo hold must be placed in an airline-approved carrier that meets the necessary safety standards.
- The carrier should provide adequate ventilation and be secure enough to prevent any escapes or injuries during the journey.
- Prior to the journey, it is important to ensure that your pet is in good health and fit for travel.
- Different regulations may apply depending on the type of pet, destination, and specific airline policies.
- Take steps to make your pet comfortable during the journey.
- Upon arrival at your destination, proceed to the designated cargo area to retrieve your pet.
TAP Portugal Pet Fee For Cargo
Here is the breakdown of the fee structure for cargo mentioned below:
|Type of Route||Price up to 32kg / 70lb||Price from 32kg (70lb) to 45kg (99lb)||Miles for Price up to 32kg / 70lb||Miles for Price from 32kg (70lb) to 45kg (99lb)|
|Domestic Flights (Portugal)||80 EUR / 101 USD / 121 CAD||130 EUR / 162 USD / 195 CAD||16,000 miles||26,000 miles|
|Europe, Morocco, Tunisia, Israel, and Accra-São Tomé||120 EUR / 149 USD / 188 CAD||230 EUR / 282 USD / 358 CAD||20,000 miles||40,000 miles|
|Intercontinental Flights||230 EUR / 282 USD / 358 CAD||300 EUR / 367 USD / 466 CAD||40,000 miles||60,000 miles|
You May Read Also : Finnair Pet Policy
Banned Breeds In TAP Portugal
The airline has certain restrictions when it comes to transporting specific dog breeds due to safety concerns. It has a list of banned breeds that are not permitted to travel on their flights. These breeds are commonly referred to as “bully breeds” or “molossoid breeds.” The restrictions on these breeds are in line with safety regulations and policies implemented by the airline. It ensures the well-being of all passengers and the safe transportation of animals. The following breeds were generally not allowed to be transported on flights:
- Pit Bull Terrier
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Argentine Dogo
- Brazilian Mastiff (Fila Brasileiro)
- Tosa Inu
- Akita Inu
- Dogo Argentino
Click Below For More :
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it allows passengers to travel with small dogs and cats in the cabin, subject to certain requirements and restrictions.
The maximum weight of the pet, including the carrier, should not exceed 8 kg (17 lbs) as per TAP Portugal pet policy. The carrier must fit underneath the seat in front of the passenger.
It welcomes service dogs trained to assist individuals with specific disabilities, such as visual impairments, hearing impairments, or mobility limitations.
Yes, you can transport pets other than dogs and cats as cargo or in the hold of the aircraft. Specific guidelines and regulations may apply, so it’s important to contact the airline for more information.
Yes, passengers traveling with pets may need to provide relevant documentation, including health certificates and permits.
During the booking process, inform them that you will be traveling with a pet. It is advisable to make the reservation well in advance, as the number of pets allowed in the cabin is limited.
Yes, there are additional fees for traveling with pets, which may vary depending on the route and destination.
Take steps to make your pet comfortable, such as providing familiar bedding and ensuring proper ventilation.
After landing, proceed to the designated area for retrieving pets. Follow instructions from staff to ensure a smooth and efficient process.