Welcome to United Airlines Terminal at San Francisco International Airport (SFO), your gateway to unrushed travel and exceptional flying experiences! Whether you are departing for a new adventure, arriving from afar, or just transiting through this bustling hub, the United Airlines terminal at SFO promises to provide you with a world-class travel experience like no other. United Airlines, being a major airline, operates to and from three passenger terminals at SFO airport, offering an extensive array of domestic and international flights, connecting you to a plethora of exciting destinations worldwide.
|San Francisco International Airport
|United Arrivals Terminal
|Terminal 2, 3, and Terminal – IN
|United Departures Terminal
|Terminal 2, 3, and Terminal – IN
|San Francisco, CA 94128, United States
United SFO Terminal 2
United Airlines Terminal 2 at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is a modern and well-designed facility that serves as the hub for United Airlines domestic and international flights. Here’s a description of the terminal:
- Layout: It is a spacious and organized building with clear signage and easy navigation for passengers. It consists of a main concourse area that connects to various gates and amenities.
- Amenities: The terminal offers a wide range of amenities to ensure travelers have a comfortable and enjoyable experience. These amenities may include restaurants and cafes offering diverse dining options, shops and boutiques for last-minute shopping, and duty-free stores for international travelers. Additionally, there are lounges for premium passengers or members of United Airlines’ frequent flyer programs.
- Check-in and Security: Terminal 2 provides multiple check-in counters and self-service kiosks for passengers to check in for their flights efficiently. After check-in, passengers proceed to the security screening area, which is equipped with advanced technology to ensure safety and security.
- Gates: The gates at Terminal 2 are well-maintained and equipped to handle both domestic and international flights. Each gate has seating areas, charging stations, and flight information displays to keep passengers informed about their departure times.
- Transportation: The terminal is connected to the airport’s main transportation hub, making it easy for travelers to access various ground transportation options, including taxis, ride-sharing services, and public transportation.
- Accessibility: Terminal 2 is designed to be accessible to passengers with disabilities, with facilities such as elevators, ramps, and accessible restrooms.
- Art and Architecture: San Francisco International Airport is known for its artistic installations, and Terminal 2 is no exception. The terminal may feature unique artwork, sculptures, or architectural elements that add to the overall ambiance of the space.
United Airlines Terminal 2 at San Francisco International Airport provides a pleasant and efficient travel experience, catering to the needs of both domestic and international travelers. Whether passengers are embarking on business trips or leisure vacations, the terminal offers a variety of amenities and services to ensure a smooth journey.
Read Also: What Terminal is Southwest at Las Vegas
United SFO Terminal 3
United Airlines operates from Terminal 3 as well at San Francisco International Airport. Formerly known as terminal north, this terminal serves outbound and inbound flights domestically.
- Layout: Terminal 3, Concourse F is a part of the larger Terminal 3 complex at SFO. It houses gates for United Airlines’ domestic and some international flights.
- Amenities: The concourse offers various amenities to cater to passengers’ needs, including restaurants, cafes, and shops. Travelers can enjoy a variety of dining options and find last-minute essentials or souvenirs before their flights.
- Check-in and Security: Terminal 3 has multiple check-in counters and self-service kiosks for United flights. After check-in, passengers proceed to the security screening area, which is equipped with the necessary facilities to ensure a smooth process.
- Gates: Concourse F has gates designated for United Airlines flights. Each gate is equipped with seating areas, charging stations, and flight information displays to keep passengers informed about their departure times.
- Transportation: Terminal 3, Concourse F is connected to the airport’s main transportation hub, making it easy for travelers to access various ground transportation options, including taxis, ride-sharing services, and public transportation.
- Accessibility: The concourse is designed to be accessible to passengers with disabilities, with facilities like elevators, ramps, and accessible restrooms.
- Art and Architecture: Like other parts of SFO, Concourse F may feature unique artwork, sculptures, or architectural elements that add to the overall ambiance of the space.
United SFO Terminal – IN
United Airlines operates international flights from the International Terminal (Terminal G) at San Francisco International Airport (SFO). The International Terminal is the main hub for all international arrivals and departures at the airport. Description of United Airlines Operations at the International Terminal (Terminal G):
Layout: The International Terminal at SFO is a modern and spacious facility with multiple levels. It is designed to handle a large number of international passengers, making it equipped with various amenities and services.
Amenities: The terminal offers a wide range of amenities to cater to international travelers. Passengers can find numerous restaurants and cafes offering diverse cuisine options, duty-free shops, luxury boutiques, and souvenir stores. Additionally, there are lounges for premium passengers or members of United Airlines’ frequent flyer programs.
Check-in and Security: The International Terminal provides dedicated check-in counters for international flights, allowing passengers to check in for their flights and drop off their luggage. After check-in, passengers proceed to the security screening area, which is equipped with advanced technology to ensure safety and security.
Immigration and Customs: For arriving international passengers, there are immigration and customs facilities where travelers go through passport control and customs clearance before entering the United States.
Gates: The terminal houses gates specifically designated for international flights, including those operated by United Airlines. Each gate is equipped with seating areas, charging stations, and flight information displays to keep passengers informed about their departure or arrival times.
Transportation: The International Terminal is well-connected to the airport’s main transportation hub, making it easy for travelers to access various ground transportation options, including taxis, ride-sharing services, and public transportation.
Accessibility: The terminal is designed to be accessible to passengers with disabilities, with facilities such as elevators, ramps, and accessible restrooms.
Art and Architecture: As with other parts of SFO, the International Terminal may feature unique artwork, sculptures, or architectural elements that showcase the diversity and culture of the San Francisco Bay Area.
United Airlines Services and Amenities at SFO Terminals
At San Francisco International Airport (SFO), United Airlines offers a host of exceptional services and amenities at its terminals, ensuring a seamless and comfortable travel experience for passengers. From modern check-in facilities to a variety of dining options, duty-free shopping, and relaxing lounges, United Airlines caters to the diverse needs of travelers. Whether departing from Terminal 2, or 3 or catching an international flight from the International Terminal (Terminal G), passengers can expect top-notch services and amenities throughout their journey. Below are some of the United Airlines Services and Amenities at SFO United Terminals:
- Manage United Booking
Managing your United Airlines booking at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) Terminal is a straightforward and convenient process. Whether you need to make changes to your itinerary, check in for your flight, or inquire about flight details, United Airlines provides various resources and assistance to ensure a smooth travel experience.
- Self-Service Kiosks: At SFO Terminal, United offers self-service kiosks conveniently located throughout the check-in area. Passengers can use these kiosks to check in for their flights, select seats, and print boarding passes.
- United Airlines Customer Service Desks: If you require personalized assistance, the airline has dedicated customer service desks at the airport. Knowledgeable representatives are available to help with any related queries, changes, or travel needs.
- United Mobile App: The United Airlines mobile app is a valuable tool for managing your booking on the go. With the app, you can easily access your reservation, receive real-time flight updates, make changes to your itinerary, and view important travel information.
- TSA Precheck Facilities
TSA Precheck facilities offer a convenient and expedited security screening process for eligible travellers in the United States. With TSA Precheck, pre-approved passengers can enjoy benefits such as keeping their shoes and belts on, leaving laptops and liquids in their bags, and passing through dedicated lanes, saving valuable time and stress at airport security checkpoints. To enrol in TSA Precheck, applicants can visit designated enrollment centres across the country. These facilities efficiently process applications, conduct background checks, and provide applicants with a Known Traveller Number, granting access to the time-saving benefits of TSA Precheck at airports nationwide.
- Access to Global Entry
Global Entry is a trusted program administered by the U.S. CBP that allows pre-approved, low-risk travellers expedited entry into the United States. Participants in Global Entry can bypass the regular immigration lines and use dedicated kiosks at select airports when arriving from international destinations.
To access Global Entry, you must first apply and undergo a rigorous screening process, which includes background checks and an in-person interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center. If approved, participants receive a Known Traveller Number (KTN) that can be entered in their flight reservations to access Global Entry benefits.
Global Entry is especially beneficial for frequent international travellers as it significantly reduces wait times and enhances the overall travel experience. Additionally, Global Entry members are also eligible for TSA Precheck, providing expedited security screening at participating U.S. airports.
- Upgrade United Seat
Upgrading your seat on United Airlines is possible through various methods, ensuring an enhanced travel experience. If you are a member of United’s MileagePlus loyalty program, you can use your accumulated miles to request an upgrade. Alternatively, seat upgrades may be purchased during the booking process or at the airport kiosks. At the gate, eligible travellers can inquire about available upgrades. By opting for a seat upgrade, you gain access to added comfort, extra legroom, and other premium amenities, making your United Airlines journey even more enjoyable.
- United Baggage Counter
The United Airlines Baggage Counter is a designated area at airports where passengers can hand over their checked luggage before their flight. United Airlines staff assist travellers at this counter, ensuring proper tagging and sending of bags to the right destination. Passengers must follow the airline’s baggage policies regarding weight and size to avoid any extra charges or issues. The baggage counter is usually situated in the airport’s check-in area, providing easy access for passengers to complete this essential step before boarding their United Airlines flight.
- SFO Airport/Airline Lounges
There are several Airport/Airline lounges at SFO United terminals, which are as follows:
|Terminal 2 Lounges
|Terminal 3 Lounges
|Terminal – IN Lounges
|Alaska Airlines Alaska LoungeAmerican Airlines Admirals Club
|United ClubThe Centurion LoungeYankee PierSan Francisco Giants Clubhouse United Airlines United Club
|Air France – KLM LoungeBritish Airways LoungeChina Airlines’ Dynasty LoungeThe Emirates LoungeJapan Airlines Sakura LoungeUnited Airlines United ClubUnited Polaris Lounge
- United Unaccompanied Minor Service
United Airlines offers an Unaccompanied Minor Service for young travellers who are flying without a parent or guardian. This service ensures the safety and well-being of children between the ages of 5 and 14 during their journey. To utilise this service, the parents or guardians need to contact United in advance to make the necessary arrangements and pay any required fees.
When booked as an Unaccompanied Minor, the child is provided with special attention and supervision by dedicated United Airlines staff throughout their travel experience. From check-in to boarding and arrival, trained personnel guide the child through the airport and accompany them on the flight. During layovers or flight connections, United Airlines ensures that the child is taken care of and safely transferred to the connecting flight.
- Parking Garages for long and short term parking
At United Terminals SFO Airport, there are quite a few options for parking vehicles, such as:
|SFO Parking Rates
|$2/15 minutes and $25/24 hours.
|International & Hourly Parking
|$2/15 minutes and $36/24 hours.
|Domestic & Hourly Parking
|$2/15 minutes and $36/24 hours.
|$2/15 minutes and $40/24 hours.
|$45/24 hours, with no hourly rate available
United Airlines provides a seamless and pleasant travel experience for passengers at San Francisco International Airport (SFO). With a wide range of domestic and international flights, United connects travellers to various destinations across the globe. The airline’s modern facilities, well-organised terminals, and dedicated staff ensure smooth check-in processes, comfortable boarding experiences, and excellent amenities. From the convenience of online check-in to access to United Club lounges, the airline strives to make each journey through SFO exceptional. CLICK BELOW FOR MORE :
Frequently Asked Questions
can connect to various cities across the United States and destinations worldwide through United’s extensive route network.
United Airlines offers a variety of amenities at its terminals in SFO such as restaurants, cafes, shops, lounges, and free Wi-Fi to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable travel experience.
Yes, United Airlines allows passengers to check-in online before their flight from SFO. Online check-in opens 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time.
Yes, United Airlines offers an Unaccompanied Minor Service for young travellers flying without a parent or guardian.
Yes, United Airlines operates United Club lounges at SFO, providing a relaxing environment for eligible passengers to unwind before their flight.